Social media listening services really let you know what your customers and the general public think about your product or service in particular, and the industry in general. This is one of the benefits of these online solutions.
The other is that these services constantly monitor in a professional manner everything that is said about you in all the major social networking platforms and give you an unbiased view about the word that is spread. In this article you’ll learn how even a bit of listening can help you in your social media marketing campaign.
Social Media Listening Services – Constantly Monitoring the Buzz
It may sound simple, but social media listening isn’t a casual task.
- It involves constant monitoring and employing state-of-the-art tools to ensure that all the social network platforms are covered.
- It listens to discussions, engage in them and create them, and measure responses scientifically.
- These observations come to you in detailed reports so you can effectively gauge outside reactions and opinions to serve your customers better.
Tracking Tools Employed
The benefits of social media listening services are well pronounced as these services employ advanced tracking tools such as Google Alerts, Radian6, SocialCast, Del.icio.us, Hootsuite, Twitter Search, Genius URLs, and Survey Monkey to ensure that an all-round and comprehensive opinion of your product or service from every angle is effectively gauged and analyzed.
Some of these tools are discussed below:
Google Alerts – These are email updates of the most current, applicable, search results for news and web, based on the keywords or topics you choose. Depending on your requirement, you can go for instantaneous, daily, or weekly reports.
Radian 6 – It facilitates monitoring of various types of social media with instantaneous results. It assists you in determining influencers and the conversations which are making an impression online, and also helps you measure engagement.
SocialCast – It is a paid tool that effects real-time linking of your company’s data, resources, and people. It makes association and information management easier with the help of activity streams, calendars, micro-blogs, employee profiles, calendars, and so on.
Hootsuite – It enables scheduling of tweets, tracking of your brand and statistics, joining with other social networks, and team workflow to enable handling of multiple users and accounts.
Twitter Search – This free tool would enable you to search hash tags or keywords in real-time and obtain live status update feeds.
Vital Real World Feedback Whenever You Need It
Social media listening services actually listen to not only what you want to hear, but also what would be vital for the growth of your product or organization with regard to its goals and objectives. The benefits of these services help you make the necessary changes and fulfill or even exceed customer expectation and secure that vital competitive edge.
- An in-depth analysis of activity, sentiments and themes is offered, and opinion leaders and key influencers are determined.
- Listening services also give you an objective and detailed analysis whenever you ask for it.
- You are kept updated about changing customer trends.
- You can easily shift from conventional advertising and marketing to socially directed buying.
- You can give customers exactly what they need by listening to competitive discussions.
- Affordable competitive pricing
- Customized turnaround time
- Round the clock customer support
By John Hester