Prospecting is the process of generating leads for your products and services. You will need to find and contact people who are most likely to buy from you, maintain an ongoing communication with them, and later on, convince them to make a purchase. Although it sounds very simple, it could get a bit challenging especially if you do not know how the process really works. In this article, I will share with you the 5 most effective methods that you can use so you can get better in this field. This can lead to more sales and more revenue. Read on!
- Goal setting. Just like in any other endeavor, you will need to know what you really want to achieve before you get started so you can easily get there. Determine exactly how many prospects you need to generate your desired sales. Make sure that you put these information into writing as relying solely on your memory isn’t really a good idea.
- Action plans. Now that you know the things that you would like to achieve, the next thing that you need to do is to create action plans as to how you can reach your goals. If you intend to generate 500 prospects for example, you will need more than just sending your potential clients with snail mail. It would work if you can join expos or trade shows where you can potentially meet 500 or more prospects.
- Work overtime. If you want to increase the number of your prospects by tenfold, you will need to increase your working hours by tenfold too. I recommend that you learn how to properly manage your time so you can do more prospecting-related tasks. This could mean having little time having night-outs with your friends or missing your favorite TV series from time to time. Don’t worry as I am pretty sure that your sacrifices will surely worth it.
- Word-of-mouth advertising. As a seller, it would work to your advantage if you gain a lot of acquaintances or even friends. The more people you know, the better your chances of making a sale. You see, it is possible that the people you meet might not need your products or services but they may know somebody who does. If these people like you, they are most likely to recommend you to your prospects.
- Aggressive marketing campaign. Promote product awareness by simply advertising your products and services using all mediums that will allow you to connect with those people who are most likely to buy from you.
By Diana Miers